Saturday, August 4, 2007

Over Due

So, I admit that I am not really very good at returning my library books - o.k. I am really bad at returning my library books on time. It is actually a lifelong trait - I was really bad at it as a kid - I once ended up owing $60 for an overdue movie at the library - I think I could of bought it for as much as I ended up owing in fees...but that's a whole other story...

Anyway - I think I mentioned once before that I joined a book club through my Mom's group. I really like it- I have met a lot of great women and even read some decent books. But - our last meeting was kind of a flop - just me an one other woman and neither of us had finished the book. Then I forgot about the book. I went to order a book from the library and I noticed that I had an overdue book on the listing - the book club book...anyway - I just got to the library on Friday and I ended up owing about $4.75 in fines.

I asked if they send out overdue notices - they said yes, but couldn't tell me when. When pushed - she said - it must be over 19 days - my book was 19 days over due. So, me being me - I said - that is really frustrating. My book was 19 days overdue and they hadn't sent me a notice - but at 21 days they would have. Why 21 days - why not 10 days. I would really prefer not to owe $5.00 every time I have an overdue book - which let's be honest is a reality.

Anyway - the librarian came up with approx. 5 different options for how I could remember to return my library books...I was sitting there thinking - what the hell - I don't need someone to tell me to circle the due date on my calendar - if it hasn't worked at this point - I really don't think it's about to change now.

The point is all I wanted was for someone to pretend to write down the recommendation and pretend that they were going to forward it to someone who could do something about it - not insult my intelligence.

I had a bad day at work and then I was being told that I needed to circle a date on my calendar by someone who I didn't ask for advice from - I was peeved...

Obviously I'm still peeved..

No comments: