Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy Holidays

So, Christmas is over and it is now time for the New Year. My New Year's present is going back to work! I am somewhat excited about that, and somewhat not. I am worried about leaving my daughter w/ my mother-in-law and I am worried about finding daycare - which hasn't worked out quite yet, and I am worried about having lost time at work and not being the same person when I go back. I worry a lot if you haven't noticed....

A year or two ago, I read an article in NY Magazine titled Empire of the Alpha Mom (http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/features/12026/) and after reading it I had decided that I wanted to be an Alpha Mom - described as in total control - able to work and parent good kids. Managing a household and a career, etc. "The latest model of mother is not different from Betty but better, stronger, faster. If she seems frightening, perhaps it’s because she’s so unlike our own mothers and operates so counter to both instinct and emerging wisdom. To all the best-selling scolds who say that Mother should slow down, that we expect too much of her, the new, improved Mama says, if anything, the goalposts have been set too low. With the right planning, resources, and work ethic, you can, too, be a perfect and fulfilled woman, raising a perfect and happy child

Now, I am scared that I won't be able to do any of it well.

So work is two days away and I am going to have to figure it out....

No comments: