Monday, December 11, 2006

Sex and the 7 Week Old

Last night my husband tried to pick me up by cooking dinner and running out to get movies. Well, he ran out to get the wax paper I needed to make the chocolate covered gummy bears that we'll give out as a holiday gift - but he also picked up some movies as a surprise.

It was really sweet - we were watching "The OH in OHio" with Parker Posey, Paul Rudd and Danny Devito...and he started to get a bit amorous. Our daughter had been asleep for about an hour in her swing - which was great. I haven't really been in to the romance thing for the past few weeks, but I've given it the old college try...so I was pleasantly surprised to be open to the option last night.

With baby girl asleep and a good comedy in the DVD player - we started making our way towards each other. BUT - alas as all Mom's know - it just isn't that easy. While things started heating up between us - our daughter started waking up... My husband would probably have continued going - but I just couldn't get past hearing her fussing in her swing - so I fed her, changed her and hopped back on the couch to continue where we left off (pretty impressed with myself if you ask me)...alas - darling husband was no longer in the mood.

It surprised me - normally I would have been like alright and gone on to finish the movie - but it kind of upset me. I was thinking - here I am 7 weeks post baby and happily trying to get it on with my husband - and he tells me he doesn't want any??? WTF???

Not sure what's going to happen next time - but I will be sure to remind him of this the next time he's in the mood and Mommy is too tired to give it the old college try!

No comments: