Tuesday, December 12, 2006

First time

So yesterday was the first time that I left my darling daughter with someone that was not her father. I left her with my mother-in-law who absolutely adores her for an hour so that I could go to the gym for my first gym workout post baby. It was really nice to get out of the house - I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

I was really scared to leave her. Not that I thought that my mother-in-law couldn't take care of her, but - I think I thought that she wouldn't take care of her like I do. I think that noone will take care of her like I do - and that includes her father.

This attitude of mine has to go of course - because I am going back to work in a matter of weeks and my mother-in-law is going to be watching her for a while before we put her in daycare. And it is of course not going to benefit my marriage if I continue w/ these thoughts. But - in all honesty - I am home with her all day and I have learned her rythyms, her noises, her needs and while my darling husband adores her he just doesn't have that much experience with her - and neither does my mother-in-law.

That being said - I left her happy and healthy and I came back to her healthy and happy - and I was healthier and happier too. I got to get out - work on getting my pre-pregnancy belly back and I got an hour w/o the baby. That really hasn't happened in the past 7 and a half weeks. I am going to do it again tomorrow - and maybe we can work on stretching it out a little from an hour to an hour and a half and so on...maybe...

No comments: