Friday, December 22, 2006

So, I think...

So, I think that I want to start my own business. I have been tossing ideas around for at least 2 years now, and now that I have a baby, it makes sense that it is a good time to think more seriously about it.

I have been thinking that I would like to open my own internet based store that will sell specialty children's items. Bedding, clothing, toys, etc. The idea being that I will only sell things that I like/love. But, I have no clue how reasonable that idea really is. I mean I have looked around - there are a lot of internet stores that sell children's products. I have so many questions - how do you manage an inventory, how do you market yourself, how do you get the capital to build your website, etc...

I don't want to quit my day job or anything (at least not at the moment), but I want to be able to make some extra money and to really get my feet into something that I enjoy doing and that is mine.

I don't know if a store is the right thing for me, but I keep on thinking about it, so that must mean something right?

No comments: